After you graduate

Are you an international student and interested in staying in Nova Scotia?

We want you to stay, too.

The province selects and nominates people that will contribute to the labour market and economy. An international graduate of a recognized publicly-funded institution in Nova Scotia who has a valid post-graduation work permit may be eligible for one of these permanent residency pathways:

I have a job offer from a Nova Scotian employer

NSNP Skilled Worker stream

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program

I have high skilled work experience in Nova Scotia

NSNP Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry

I want to open or purchase a business in Nova Scotia

NSNP International Graduate Entrepreneur


A comprehensive Application Guide for each stream is available on the website.

Check our Facebook or Twitter to find out when we’ll be visiting your University or College.

If you have any questions, please contact the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.

For information on federal post-graduation work permits, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.