The Skilled Worker stream helps employers recruit foreign workers and recently graduated international students whose skills are needed in Nova Scotia. An employer can only hire foreign workers for positions they have been unable to fill with permanent residents or Canadian citizens.
To apply you must:
- have a full-time permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer;
- have 1 year of work experience related to the job. Workers in TEER category 4 or 5 of the National Occupational Classification must already have six months’ experience with the employer.);
- be 21 to 55 years old;
- have a high school diploma;
- have the appropriate training, skills and/or accreditation for the job;
- prove language ability equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 5 if you are in a NOC TEER category 0, 1, 2, or 3 occupation. If your first language is English or French, that is enough proof. Workers in a NOC TEER category 4 or 5 occupation must have test results to prove they meet CLB 4 even if their first language is English or French;
- show enough financial resources to successfully settle in Nova Scotia.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form and include all required information and attachments.
Application guide, forms and policies
Labour, Skills and Immigration
1469 Brenton Street, 3rd floor
PO Box 1535
Halifax, NS, Canada
- Positions in all occupations must receive competitive wages for their industry or sector as per the Government of Canada Website.