Occupations in Demand
The Occupations in Demand stream targets specific TEER category 3, 4 or 5 occupations of the National Occupational Classification that are in high labour market demand in Nova Scotia. Labour, Skills and Immigration identifies occupations in demand based on labour market information and eligible occupations are subject to change.
To apply you must:
- have a full-time permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer in either
- NOC 33102 (Nurse Aides)
- NOC 65200 (Food and beverage servers)
- NOC 65201 (Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations)
- NOC 65310 (Light duty cleaners)
- NOC 73300 (Transport truck drivers)
- NOC 73400 (Heavy equipment operators)
- NOC 75110 (Construction trades helpers and labourers)
- have 1 year of work experience related to the job;
- be 21 to 55 years old;
- have a high school diploma;
- have the appropriate training, skills and/or accreditation for the job;
- prove language ability equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 4 even if your first language is English or French;
- show enough financial resources to successfully settle in Nova Scotia.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form and include all required information and attachments.
Application guide, forms and policies
- Application Guide
- Changes – Application Guide
- Common NSOI Policies
- Employer Information Form (NSNP 200)
- Use of a Representative (NSNP 50)
- Authority to Release Personal Information (NSNP 60)
Labour, Skills and Immigration
1469 Brenton Street, 3rd floor
PO Box 1535
Halifax, NS, Canada
- Positions in all occupation must receive competitive wages for their industry or sector as per the Government of Canada Website.