Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
The Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream selects candidates in the federal Express Entry system who meet provincial labour market needs to apply for nomination. Only candidates who receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration may apply.
To apply you must:
- receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system;
- submit your application within 30 calendar days of the date on which your letter of interest was issued;
- meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified;
- demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses;
- have legal status in your current country of residence;
- meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest; and
- have a valid Express Entry number and meet all IRCC criteria for the Express Entry pool.
CRITERIA FOR THE OCTOBER 7, 2021, JOB OFFER DRAW ARE AS FOLLOWS. CANDIDATES MUST:
- have a job offer from a Nova Scotia employer for full-time skilled work in Nova Scotia that lasts at least one year after your permanent resident visa is issued (full-time means working year-round and at least 30 hours a week);
- have 1 year of skilled work experience related to the job;
- have a Canadian high school credential or equivalent;
- prove language ability in English at Canadian Language Benchmark 5; and
- apply no later than 11:59 p.m., November 6, 2021.
Documents you must provide with your application include:
- Copies of language tests
- Proof of education
- A job offer showing the following:
- Title and duties of the position related to the job offer
- Position NOC Code
- Annual salary
- Number of weekly hours
- Duration of job offer
- Address where you will work
- Whether the position is unionized. If yes, attach a letter indicating union concurrence.
CRITERIA FOR THE OCTOBER 7, 2021, CARPENTER DRAW ARE AS FOLLOWS. CANDIDATES MUST:
- Have a primary occupation of carpenter (NOC 7271)
- Provide letters of reference from employers, as outlined in the application guide, to demonstrate that they have two or more years of skilled trades experience as a carpenter. (Self-employed individuals must provide documentation from 3rd parties indicating the service provided along with payment details. Self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable evidence of work experience.)
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 5 or higher in English in all language abilities as demonstrated by providing your results from a language test approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- apply no later than 11:59 p.m., Nov. 6, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have received a Letter of Interest, complete the online application form and include all required information and attachments.
APPLICATION GUIDE AND FORMS
- Application Guide
- Changes – Application Guide
- Use of a Representative (NSNP 50)
- Authority to Release Personal Information (NSNP 60)
RECORD OF CRITERIA
An archive of criteria for prior draws.
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
1469 Brenton Street, 3rd floor
PO Box 1535
Halifax, NS, Canada
For further information on Express Entry, please visit canada.ca/express-entry