Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
The Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream selects candidates in the federal Express Entry system who meet provincial labour market needs to apply for nomination. Only candidates who receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration may apply.
To apply you must:
- receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system;
- submit your application within 30 calendar days of the date on which your letter of interest was issued;
- meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified;
- demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses;
- have legal status in your current country of residence;
- meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest; and
- have a valid Express Entry number and meet all IRCC criteria for the Express Entry pool.
CRITERIA FOR THE February 8, 2022, DRAW FOR NURSES ARE AS FOLLOWS. CANDIDATES MUST:
- Have a primary occupation of registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012)
- Provide letters of reference from employers, as outlined in the application guide, to demonstrate that they have 3 years of experience as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse.
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 9 or higher in English or French in all language abilities as demonstrated by providing results from a language test approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.*
- Hold a bachelor’s degree OR have completed a program of three or more years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.*
- Apply no later than 11:59 p.m. March 10, 2022.
* You must include copies of language tests and proof of education to meet a bachelor’s degree or higher with your application. Proof of education must include an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report issued by an organization designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada if your educational credential was obtained outside of Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have received a Letter of Interest, complete the online application form and include all required information and attachments.
APPLICATION GUIDE AND FORMS
- Application Guide
- Changes – Application Guide
- Use of a Representative (NSNP 50)
- Authority to Release Personal Information (NSNP 60)
RECORD OF CRITERIA
An archive of criteria for prior draws.
Labour, Skills and Immigration
1469 Brenton Street, 3rd floor
PO Box 1535
Halifax, NS, Canada
For further information on Express Entry, please visit canada.ca/express-entry