Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
The Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream selects candidates in the federal Express Entry system who meet provincial labour market needs to apply for nomination. Only candidates who receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration may apply.
To apply you must:
- receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system;
- submit your application within 30 calendar days of the date on which your letter of interest was issued;
- meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified;
- demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses;
- have legal status in your current country of residence; and
- meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest.
Criteria for the March 20, 2019 draw are as follows:
- Have selected French as their first official language and have a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 7 or higher in French in all language abilities.
- Have English as a second official language with a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 5 or higher in English in all language abilities.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree OR have completed a program of three or more years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
- Candidates who submitted an expression of interest to the Express Entry pool on or after September 20, 2018.
*Candidates must include copies of both language tests and proof of education to meet a bachelor’s degree or higher with their application.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have received a Letter of Interest, complete the online application form and include all required information and attachments.
APPLICATION GUIDE AND FORMS
- Application Guide
- Use of a Representative (NSNP 50)
- Authority to Release Personal Information (NSNP 60)
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
1469 Brenton Street, 3rd floor
PO Box 1535
Halifax, NS, Canada
For further information on Express Entry, please visit www.canada.gc.ca/expressentry