Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is a creative approach to addressing our labour market challenges.
Employers in Nova Scotia can use the Pilot to hire foreign workers.
Individuals cannot apply for the pilot. We encourage individuals with an interest in the program to find a job offer. The employer may be designated or may choose to become designated when they find a foreign national they wish to hire.
Employers looking to fill labour gaps through the Pilot must first be approved for eligibility by being designated and then have their positions endorsed by the Province.
Once the employer’s positions are endorsed, candidate(s) identified by the employer can apply for permanent residency directly to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
The foreign worker can also access temporary pathways (i.e., obtain a work permit) while waiting for permanent residency.
- To become designated, an employer must:
- Have a business operating in good standing
- Provide information on labour needs
- Commit to working with a service provider organization on settlement and retention
- To become endorsed, an employer must:
- Demonstrate efforts to hire locally have not been successful
- Recruit a foreign worker
- Provide a valid, full-time, non-seasonal job offer co-signed with the foreign worker
- Provide an individualized settlement plan co-signed with the foreign worker
How Employers Apply
- Contact our Employer Support Team
- Review the Designation Guide
- Complete the application form and submit all required information and attachments
Application Guides and Forms
Employer Designation Guide (387K pdf)
Employer Designation Form (387K pdf)
Guidelines for Endorsement (379K pdf)
Endorsement Application (539K pdf)
Endorsement Re-Issue Request (147K pdf)
Offer of Employment (838K pdf)
Required Recruitment Activities ( 188K pdf)
Employer Endorsement Agreement ( 62K pdf)
The business names of designated employers.
To learn more about the Pilot, please contact our Employer Support Team. We’re here to help.
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
1469 Brenton Street, 3rd floor
PO Box 1535
Halifax, NS, Canada
1 (877) 292-9597