Labour Market Priorities for Physicians
The Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream for Physicians selects physicians to apply for nomination through the federal Express Entry system. Only candidates with an approved offer from the Nova Scotia Health Authority or the IWK Health Centre who receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration may apply.
General practitioners and family physicians (NOC 3112) and Specialist physicians (NOC 3111) will receive a Letter of Interest once NSOI is notified of the candidate’s Express Entry profile number and a signed approved opportunity with the Nova Scotia Health Authority or the IWK Health Centre.
See our Guide for Physicians to compare this stream with our Physician Stream.
To apply you must:
- have an approved opportunity from the NSHA or IWK as either a general practitioner and family physician (NOC 3112) or a specialist physician (NOC 3111);
- provide a copy of a signed Return for Service Agreement with the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness indicating commitment to live and work in Nova Scotia for a minimum period of two years;
- receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system;
- submit your application within 30 calendar days of the date on which your Letter of Interest was issued;
- meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified;
- demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses; and
- have legal status in your current country of residence.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the online application form and include all required information and attachments.
APPLICATION GUIDE AND FORMS
- Application Guide
- Changes – Application Guide
- Use of a Representative (NSNP 50)
- Authority to Release Personal Information (NSNP 60)
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
1469 Brenton Street, 3rd floor
PO Box 1535
Halifax, NS, Canada