The Physician Stream assists Nova Scotia’s public health authorities – the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) and the Izaak Walton Killam Health Centre (IWK) – to hire general practitioners, family physicians, and specialist physicians to work in Nova Scotia. The stream helps the NSHA and IWK to recruit and retain physicians with the required skills for positions that they have been unable to fill with a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
See our Guide for Physicians to compare this stream with our Labour Market Priorities for Physicians Stream.
The Physician Stream is only open to general practitioners and family physicians (NOC 3112) and specialist physicians (NOC 3111) with signed approved opportunities with the Nova Scotia Health Authority or the IWK Health Centre.
The approved opportunity must be on official NSHA or IWK letterhead and must:
- Be signed and dated by a person authorized to hire physicians at the NSHA or IWK
- Be signed and dated by the applicant who is accepting the opportunity
- Indicate eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of NS
- Indicate that the applicant is eligible to apply for privileges and credentials with NSHA and the IWK
How to Apply
- Gather all supporting documentation required for your application.
- Complete the online application form.
For more information about preparing supporting documents and completing the application, please refer to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Physician Stream Application Guide.
Application Guide and Forms
- Application Guide
- Changes – Application Guide
- Use of a Representative (NSNP 50)
- Authority to Release Personal Information (NSNP 60)
Meet with us
Register to meet with us at upcoming international events.
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
1469 Brenton Street, 3rd floor
PO Box 1535
Halifax, NS, Canada