- Where is Nova Scotia?
- About Nova Scotia
- Immigrating Here
- Working Here
- Living Here
- Services for You
- Information for Immigrant Women
- Your Rights
- Social Insurance Number
- Success Stories
- Community Profiles
- Immigrate to Rural Nova Scotia
Powered by Google Translator
Canada has been rated one of the best places to live because of the health care program that it provides to its citizens and immigrants. All residents of Canada are provided with necessary medical care based on need, regardless of their ability to pay.
Health care in Canada is publicly funded by both the federal and provincial governments. Nova Scotia’s Medical Services Insurance (MSI) is the provincial plan of insured medical services. It is designed to pay for the cost of a range of medical needs such as:
- Medically required physicians’ services
- Certain dental and optometric services
- Physician referred specialist visits
- Certain necessary hospital in-patient and out-patient services
For more information about health care in Canada visit the Health Canada website.