Non-Dependent Child of Nova Scotia Nominee
As of March 1, 2013, the Non-dependent Child of a Nova Scotia Nominee stream will be closed. Individuals are encouraged to review the information on this website pertaining to other Nova Scotia Nominee Program streams, and to consider applying under other streams if they meet the program criteria. Individuals should also consider applying to one of the various federal immigration programs. Click here for more information http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp
The Non-Dependent Child of Nova Scotia Nominee streamis aimed at selecting individuals who are the non-dependent children of immigrants who were nominated under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP). The principal applicant must plan to live in Nova Scotia permanently, have strong employment prospects and be able to contribute to the labour market and economy of Nova Scotia.
Employability of the applicant will be determined based on the current labour market needs of Nova Scotia. Nominee’s non-dependent children must have a minimum of one year of full-time work experience in the last five years in their field of studies and/or have the intention and ability to enter the Nova Scotia labour market.
The principal applicant can be in studies outside Canada and be eligible to apply to the Non-Dependent Child of Nova Scotia Nominee stream if they have already have completed at least one year of post-secondary education and have received a degree, diploma or certificate issued by an accredited institution. The principal applicant is eligible to submit an application while pursuing an additional post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate.
Parents / nominees need to meet all the following criteria in order for their non-dependent child to be eligible to apply under the Non-Dependent Child of Nova Scotia Nominee stream.
- You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- You have been nominated under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program
- You are the parent of a child who was named in your original application to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program on the IMM 0008 Generic – Application for Permanent Residence in Canada form or on the IMM 5406 – Additional Family Information form.
- You have established a family residence in Nova Scotia within six (6) months of obtaining permanent resident status in Canada, and you have remained a resident of this province.
- For newly arrived immigrants, you have been a resident of Nova Scotia for at least three (3) consecutive months immediately before this application is submitted and are still residing in Nova Scotia at the time of the submission of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program application for the non-dependent child.
- You remain a resident of Nova Scotia throughout the application process and are still a resident of this province when your child arrives in Nova Scotia with permanent resident status.
Please note that as a nominee, if you have left Nova Scotia to live in another Canadian province, you are not considered a resident of Nova Scotia, and therefore your non-dependent child is not eligible to apply under this stream. The minimum three months residency period applies to nominees who have just obtained their permanent residence in Canada and have established a residence in Nova Scotia.
Non-Dependent Child of Nova Scotia Nominee Application Guide and Forms
Please carefully review and follow the instructions outlined in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) Non-Dependent Child of Nova Scotia Nominee Application Guide and forms. The applications will be assessed based on the criteria outlined in the NSNP Non-Dependent Child of Nova Scotia Nominee Application Guide. All provincial and federal forms as well as supporting documents need to be included in your application to the NSNP.
NSNP Non-Dependent Child of Nova Scotia Stream Application Guide
NSNP 120 - Application Form
NSNP 500 – Parent Information
NSNP 50 - Use of a Representative (if applicable)
NSNP 60 - Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (if applicable)
Citizenship and Immigration Canada Forms
Provide copies only with your application to the NSNP
Application for Permanent Residence: Guide for Provincial Nominees [IMM EP7000]
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
Schedule A - Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Schedule 4: Economic Classes: Provincial Nominees [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 4]
Supplementary Information - Your Travels [IMM 5562]
Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] (if applicable)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (if applicable)