Information on Federal Canada Experience Class Program
If you are an international student who graduated in Canada, or a temporary foreign worker, you may qualify for permanent residence under the Federal Canadian Experience Class Program.
You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:
- plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
- have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
- meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).
Skilled work experience
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:
- Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.”
To find out more about the Canadian Experience Class:
Email: NSNP@gov.ns.ca, or
Visit: CIC webpage